3rd September 2021
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the role will control all aspects of the business’s logistics requirement. This role is focused on ensuring the company adheres to all legal requirements regarding export & import.
- Manage all import and export customs queries, ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and stored in a timely manner and ensue Galebreaker remains HMRC compliant.
- Chase freight forwarders and suppliers for import/export documents
- Manage a portfolio of freight providers, both domestic & international daily.
- Source and onboard new freight providers where necessary.
- Liaise with stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure prompt turnaround of shipments and minimizing outbound delays to avoid customs complications
- Liaise with Special Project team on obtaining shipping quotes and arranging confirmed transport.
- Manage any freight exceptions or issues.
- Ensure freight providers are achieving agreed service KPI & drive continuous improvement
- Provide monthly performance report to Supply Chain Manager and highlight areas for improvement
- Proactively drive process improvements within the function and the wider business
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in an export / import / shipping / freight or transport is essential
- Customs/Inward processing relief experience is essential
- Customers focused
- Fast paced manufacturing experience desirable
Please send your CV to Chris Sheppard or request for information: email@example.com