2nd December 2022
Junior Systems Developer – student placement
Galebreaker specialise in products that guard against the elements and look to provide the optimum environment for agriculture, commercial and industrial sectors. We are proud to be the market leader for more than 35 years, supplying products that can be trusted and relied upon in the harshest environment.
To meet these high standards, Galebreaker products are manufactured within our own production facilities based in the UK using state of the art machinery and processes. With the company expecting strong growth and wishing to remain competitive, continuous improvement is at the heart of the business in everything we do.
We are looking for a confident and methodical individual who can work within our development team. You will be using your programming knowledge and skills to develop and maintain key IT systems created in-house. Hybrid working, part-time from home, is possible once the right level of performance and independent working is shown.
- Work as part of the development team within an Agile environment in the Technical department
- Maintain and improve existing .Net code and SQL programming in
- GBOT (In-house Business Intelligence tool)
- Sales Configurator (In-house web-based selling tool)
- Working with all other departments to understand new requirements and improvements to
- Sales Configurator
- Work with existing Microsoft Excel based calculators and reporting tools to maintain them during their lives (to a minor degree)
- Gain a good working knowledge of Factory Master, our ERP system.
At Galebreaker we consider it just as important that our employees have the right attitude and values in their work than just their ability to carry out the role. Training is always provided where required.
- Leadership: Have a desire to lead and discover new findings to aid development of the software tools, leading changes in processes. Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards with a willingness to develop skills.
- Integrity: To always be thorough in their work so that new code meets the specifications and can be used by the team seamlessly.
- Reliability: To maintain a consistent and methodical approach to your work, producing quality results that can be trusted.
- Service: In everything you do to be focused on the customer and their requirements.
- UK Driving Licence
- Degree Qualified in a relevant field
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL – during degree, or from previous employment (preferred)
- Experience of Visual Studio
- Experience of programming in .Net
- Experience of programming in VB.Net
- Good organisational skills, including logic, decision making and assessment
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good understanding of IT systems and networks
- Knowledge in production methods is desirable
- Confident both in a team and in independent working
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
For further information, or to make an application please contact Dave Stephens, on email@example.com