14th September 2021
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this role will play a key role in ensuring the business has the right inventory at the right time. The Junior Buyer is responsible for assisting with the procurement of materials into the business, liaising with suppliers and keeping stakeholders updated. The right person will have a methodical mindset and be driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Raise purchase orders to suppliers from MRP system.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to meet requirements.
- Process & record purchase order acknowledgements and amendments.
- Deal with order queries, invoice queries, urgent requirements, providing forecast data etc.
- Communicate updates on incoming orders to internal stakeholders.
- Expediting overdue purchase order lines.
- Manage the shared purchasing inbox, ensuring all emails are answered within a reasonable time frame.
- Input, update, and maintain supplier details on the computer system.
- Raise reject notes and returns notes, consolidating corrective actions of quality issues.
- Process warranty returns & rejects back to supplier.
- Experience of MRP systems desirable.
- Previous experience in Purchasing desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally & written.
- Be able to work well as part of a team, but also use their own initiative.
- Confident working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Methodical with a strong attention to detail.
- 1yr purchasing experience desirable.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com